Monday, March 10, 2014

Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative by Ken Robinson

This is my first book as part of my "creativity" series for this year, read in conjunction while I (hopefully) make my goal of book binding 40 books this year (I am currently on book #6). On that book binding note, my books will soon be in a brick and mortar store called Eclectic NW in Salem. Back to the book... This book seemed like it was mainly a critique on the American education system and how it fails students and the population as a whole. Robinson emphasizes that creativity and jobs is more than math and science; there are other options that schools are fazing out, like music and art, that certain people respond to better than the hard sciences. I thought it was really interesting and I am currently reading the second book in his series, The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment